We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help design, build, deploy and manage cloud-native solutions for our large commercial clients.
Calvium are a creative technology company who specialise in cloud and mobile-first system development. We combine expertise in research, design and software engineering to fuel business growth.
Our diverse and exciting client portfolio includes Rolls-Royce, QinetiQ, The City of London Corporation, Bristol’s wethecurious science center, and Battersea Power Station in addition to many of the most prestigious arts and cultural organisations.
If you are a “forever curious” and technically accomplished person who will thrive in our High Performance Culture then we are the right company for you.
- Designing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining secure and scalable cloud infrastructure using AWS or Azure.
- Researching and validating capabilities of cloud platforms via proof of concept builds.
- Attending client meetings to communicate project status and understand, clarify and document requirements.
- Creating clear and understandable client-facing and internal documentation.
- Working in a team of technical experts in a well-defined delivery process, supported by a project manager.
- Software engineering / Computer Science degree or 5 years equivalent commercial experience.
- Demonstrable commercial experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or DigitalOcean.
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling & infrastructure-as-code tools such as Serverless Framework, Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Excellent communication skills both internal and customer-facing.
- Experience with one or more relational databases such as SQL Server / Postgres / MySQL
- Usage of git and project management tools such as Jira in a team environment
- Be actively interested in recent developments in cloud infrastructure and security
- BPSS security clearance or willing to gain once employed
Helpful but not essential
- Full-stack development experience, especially with React
- Experience working in a digital agency environment
- Confidence working with enterprise clients
- Cloud Certification for Azure or AWS
- Experience working on defence or Government projects
- Ability to lead a technical team
- UK driving licence
- Salary depends on experience – email email@example.com for information
- Choice of home or office as main place of work
- 37.5 hour week with flexible working hours (core hours 10-4)
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + bank holidays)
- Full time, permanent employment with on the job training
- MacBook Pro with a multi-monitor setup
To find out more about Calvium read our recent article that gives an additional flavour of the company.
How to apply
If you would like to be a part of our growing team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. Please reference the job that you are applying for in the subject header.
We look forward to hearing from you…